Current Open Positions at Simplifilm
Are you, as a motion designer, waiting to make the leap to Art Director? Read on.
What if you could have a major impact on a tiny little agency that worked directly with great VIPs?
No, really great VIP’s, like:
-Arianna Huffington -Mark Ecko -Ryan Holiday -Seth Godin -Brad Feld
...and many more, including brands like Microsoft, HP, Salesforce, and more.
What if you could plug in and lead a great team of dedicated animators that are working hard to perform? What if you could guide several projects a month?
Simplifilm is hiring a Team Lead (or Art Director) to work full-time at our SE Grand Avenue office in Portland, OR.
We are looking for someone for a partner-level position to fill the shoes of our co-founder Jason Moore.
- Strong After Effects background, including:
- Asset creation & manipulation (vectors and photos)
- Photoshop mastery
- Film editing (obviously)
- Ability to draw by hand, storyboard, understand, and empathize.
- Ability to shoot, set lights, or direct a shoot.
- Ability to direct live work.
- Love for tech.
- Desire to get better all the time.
- 3-4 professional references that say you’re not an idiot.
- Basic people skills and ability to be coached.
- CINEMA 4D experience
What you get:
Pay range in the $50,000-75,000 range dependent on experience, and with revenue share and bonuses, this will be a great way to earn.
- Create and maintain workflows.
- Create a guide.
- Manage and direct a team; guide plans.
- “Final Interview” -type recruiting to help influence your team.
- Ability to deliver 4 or so “personal” projects per quarter.
How to get it:
You’ll do 1-3 audition projects for Simplifilm (paid of course) and we’ll see what you’re made of.
Note: This is a Partner-level position. We’re recruiting A-players.
Do you have a vision for how Simplifilm should be presenting itself? Will you fight for your ideas and vision? We need a rock star marketer to transform our website, create a strategy, and contribute to our systems.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Marketing or Simplifilm CEO. This position also grows into the Director of Marketing.
You have an appetite for change and the ability to make quick decisions. Blogging is a passion of yours, or you always come up with ideas that you want someone to blog about. Most of your experience is in digital marketing. Working with big brands, best selling authors, and talented entrepreneurs is your passion. You're local to the area.
- 4 Year Degree or Equivalent Preparation
- Professional Judgement
- Agency Experience (Preferred)
- WordPress Fluency
- Technology Obsession
This is a true dream job. Our customers include great big brands, big authors & great entrepreneurs.
This full-time person will report to the Director of Sales, and will be responsible for:
- Onboarding new customers
- Servicing existing customer relationships
- Communicating details
- Helping customers feel confident with their videos
- Following up with leads
- Running the CRM and ensuring that is up to date.
An ideal candidate should have:
- BA/BS or 4+ years professional experience
- Ability to do outbound sales in a professional environment
- Cheerfully ruthless follow up skills
- Agency experience preferred (not necessary)
- Can-do attitude
You'll be working with the marketing team as well as other salespeople, designers, and creatives in our Portland, Oregon office. Our team is currently 8 strong and growing fast.
Simplifilm will provide 2-3 leads most days, and your job will be to:
- Learn our Products and Process
- Communicate Options to Clients
- Build Desire
- Quote (when the proposal is a fait accompli)
- Collect Initial Deposit
- Hand-Off to Design
We want every salesperson to be in one of two categories, rich and new.
You'll be selling both live-action and animated productions.
- Starting one project within the first 45 days.
- Selling 3-5 projects a month after that.
Motion Graphics Artist/Animator
We are always looking for talented animation professionals to join our team.
All artists start as freelancers and work with our team on projects. The most talented we invite to become permanent members of the team. You must be accountable, make great artistic choices, and work hard, but your time is your own. Your work also must be at the level of our Portfolio and you must be able to work unsupervised. We pay market rates to our artists with opportunities for bonuses and revenue share if you become a member of the permanent Team.
Every Simplifilmer gets:
- Smiles and Friends
- Open Office Environment
- Clearly Defined Roles
- Competitive Pay including bonuses
- Bring Your Dog to Work Day (if your dog isn't crazy)
- Truly flexible scheduling (just work hard).
- Time off
- Revenue sharing
- Company-provided equipment
Think you’re a fit? Apply below.
Our application process takes just 15 minutes.
We’ll read every one and respond to all that we can. If you are a fit for Simplifilm, you’ll be hearing from us soon!